Lesson Learn from A Christmas Carol The Movie and IMDB

Last night I watched ‘A Christmas Carol’ to spend my spare time before my weekend totally ends. What surprised me is the movie gave me valuable perspective how to live well by taking less and giving more; helping others as long as you live and one thing, we are advised not to be a greedy person.


I rated The Movie which is adopted from Dickens’ novel 8.5/100. Then I checked the recommended movie references website: IMDB and shocking me then by finding it rated 6.8/10! Unbelievable! (in my point of view) for the kinda good movie like that. For me ‘A Christmas Carol’ is a simply simple movie with full of life lesson learn to make a better people and environment.

I was curios enough about what IMDBers reviewed about the movie on website. By random checking and quick reading I found the reviews were good tho. There are several reviewer rate it movie more than 8! One of them wrote “The truth is that this is one of the most beautiful and faithful remakes of the Dickens classic” and “Both children and adults will gain more from this experience than most family films” and I agree with it. However there are some also who gave very low grade. There is one rated 1/10. In his opinion the movie is very disappointing. “Overall I found the movie to be cold, depressing and one of the least satisfying versions of A Christmas Carol that I have ever seen. I own more than 20 different versions of this story on tape and DVD. This version will NOT be part of my collection” he wrote.

Don’t you think it is interesting? There are two kind of reviews which different at one another. Well, the goodness of thing (movie, in this case) is indeed entirely subjective which is surely influenced by one’s experience, spirit, and idealism. Therefore it is fine to have different discretions since we have our own standard. But we must realize sometimes our standard is able to make our life complicated, instead of simple. Beware of it!

As the conclusion, first, I do respect to the creator of ‘A Christmas Carol’ the movie. I know it released in late 2009. Pretty long time ago, but I believe every single thing has their beautiful time and place. The movie suits me in this year. Second, better for me not to check IMDB before watching a movie. Then let me check after watching to compare with another reviewer. That is wiser I guess.

Warm regards,
Ian




0 comments: