Rawa Pening, Ambarawa

This has been already November you know. It means not more than two months we are saying good bye for 2014 and hello 2015. Well, do you remember about your resolution you made early year? Congratulation for those who almost accomplish or even succeed accomplished the missions. You are such a well-planned person. My missions have not been completed yet so far, and get the feeling that some of those can’t be reached by beginning of 2015. Poor me. The mission is about going travel. As I don’t want to feel more guilty of that condition, I made planed B that let me substitute the origin destination to be reachable one (cheaper and nearer, hehe). Thus there was me in Ambarawa couple weeks ago.

Now Ladies and Gents, I let you know about the one famous lake in Ambarawa, Rawa Pening.

Rawapening is located an hour driving from my hometown, Semarang. There is an interestingly story behind the lake tho, yess of course you can google it. Please search by the key word ‘Legenda Rawapening’ or ‘Baruklinting’. Oh ya, there is another name location refers to ‘Rawapening’. It is sometimes easier for us to find the lake by using ‘Bukit Cinta’ when asking direction to locals. It is just because the lake is part of tourism object named ‘Bukit Cinta’. Why is it named so? Hehehe. You can guess lah, in the ‘bukit’ or hills you can have a lovely time with your loved one on the ‘Bukit’.

This is the view from 'Bukit Cinta'.

We can rent those boats. Each is IDR 50K for about 30 mins exploring 'Rawapening'. Cheap enough as you can share it with 5 others passenger. On the boat we see how locals fishing, and def taking some photos of the beautiful scenery around.
I think the best time to visit is in the dusk, early morning and before sunset. It is going to be very magical I think in the dusk when fogs covering the surface of Rawapening. Fogs happened to be there since Rawapening is in the highland of the Java. Meanwhile in early morning, let us say, at 6 am, it is one best scenery when seeing sunrise over the water, just like while in the beach. And last but not least, who doesn’t like sun set view. Unfortunately I went there at noon, at lunch time, the time who responsible of my pale look everytime took a selfie.

if you like kinda water based tourism object, 'Rawapening' is so worth it to try. I rate 8/10 for amazing view, cheap ticket (under IDR 10K/person), and nice surrounding. The downside of the lake is unswimable! I just worry about snake or even crocodile across while swimming. lol.

Warm regards,
Ian

0 comments: