Being A Master of Ceremony? Hmm go for it! Here the Tips

I was so glad having chance to be a master ceremony on my friend’s occasion couple weeks ago, it was a book launching held in one of good hotel in Bekasi. Exciting for me because I haven’t been a mc for ages. I was curios to check how far my MC skill have gone.

In short, the show went well. Glad nuff but I didn’t think it was perfect because I did some mistakes that you know it might not happen. For example; I mentioned some names wrong. Another things are I didn’t recognize who the guess are; profession, why they attended, and even I don’t know the story of the book itself. Poor me. However for the show that I didn’t have any preparation enogh I rated 8/10.

Here, I am about remind myself (and yes, you are my reader) when asked to be a master ceremony. They are...
1. Find out the reason of the show. It is better if you manage to get the 5W+1H. The information is essential for me because it gives me material to talk more about. You know I am the master of the ceremony that it is a mandatory that I know more than the audience. Other than that you will look smart during the show.

2. Understand the rundown well. Make sure you know the arrangement of the show. Every single part of it. Make sure you know what the meaning of the activity because sometimes The Project Owner forgets to tell us about which part that have to be highlighted. Which one is a ‘main course’ which one is not. Find out who are the person in charge of each activity, include how to call the PIC itself. Those are very important for us to play the show, making it not boring and monotonous.

3. It is pretty important also for me to make sure the sound system going well. Believe it or not, the ambience of the show is influenced by the power of your voice magically.

That is enough I think. Seems less but gives huge effects. Others related to the costume is not too mandatory for you; the man. As long as you groom well, or at least you are neat, the show is close to be perfect if you get those prepping above. Well, the last prep for you is translating the information you managed to get from rundown and others details info into cue card. Then, cue card is your weapon to hit the show.


Warm rgds,
Ian


0 comments: